Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sensitivity Raining

So as I made my rounds in cybertown last night I had the opportunity to stop by some crazy lady's blog - Like they're ain't enough of them in this burg.

she had this heart felt saga about her crazy dog
Well, Muggsy's blowup-free September ended at 23 days today. It was just a weird day all around. In fact, it was so bad that I called the behaviorist. When I got home, everything seemed OK, but when I went to lie down because I'm coming down with something, Muggsy came bolting into the bedroom and laid ontop of me. He wouldn't leave. Chubbs and Fenway wouldn't go near him. It was so weird. After that, he wouldn't leave my side. He wouldn't even get six inches from me. I was doing laundry, and he was underfoot. I sat on the couch, and he sat beside me. I sat down at the computer, and he tried to climb on my lap. He sat in the bathroom for 10 minutes and tried to catch a fly. I put him in his crate and he cried to get out. It was very un-Muggsy-like behavior.

I called my boss and she told me to call the behaviorist. The behaviorist said that something probably happened to scare him today and just go on with life as if he were fine. She said not to be worried until it went on a couple of days. But of course I'm worried! My boss suggested that maybe someone tried to get in the house today or made a big noise outside. She also said that an earthquake might be coming since dogs tend to get freaky before an earthquake. At her advice, I took him to a drive-through for a special treat. We went to McDonalds and then I gave him a chicken sandwich at Peck Park. When we got back home, he seemed a little better. But then he got really freaked out by a fly in the living room. He just couldn't settle down, running from room to room, climbing on Ross. We killed the fly and put him in his crate with a bone. And so comes the blowup.

We noticed that he wasn't chewing on the bone, so we went to try to let him out of his crate. As soon as Ross got close, he started growling. A few minutes later, I tried, and he growled at me. But I didn't want to leave when he started growling because I don't want him to learn that aggression works. I waited and he kept going, progressing into a full-blown blowup. I'm letting him relax now before I try to let him out one more time. If I can't let him out now, he'll have to stay in there all night.

Oh and did I mention that when we were leaving to go to the drivethrough, four little boys were walking by on our sidewalk and started making noises at Muggsy. So he lunged and burned my hand with the leash, trying to hold him back.

But Ross has generously offered to stay home tomorrow and make sure he's OK since I have two deadlines in the morning. I hope to see improvement tomorrow.


And I couldn't help but laugh until pieces of my throat lining dislodged and came to rest on my keyboard.
Of course this deserved a comment that would help and i manged something like:
"that's the funniest thing I've ever read because you really believe it!" Then I added the advice that she should leave her radio tuned to NPR for poor puppy while she and "daddy" are away. It would help aleviate puppys insecurity and make him have more self esteem.

When people are so self absorbed that they won't raise children, they try to compensate for their natural desire to nurture by turning poor puppies into their "children". This is a disaster factory. There is no way that a dog who is treated like a spoiled human baby will ever be normal.

It would be better for the dog if it were a stray, roaming the streets for food and joining a pack of currs.

Please don't do this. If you feel the need ot spoil a living creature, go to the local orphanage and buy some kid there a chicken sammich - they will probably say "thank you" and maybe even hug you. Do this three or four times a week if you want to, just don't screw up some poor dogs mind with your "love".

5 comments:

Stoopidgirl said...

at first glance I thought "could he have read my blog?" and then I realized "duh...I don't own any dogs."

your last few posts are about woman issues...are you having problems? Do you need to lie on the couch? Is there some deep bedded anger towards females you'd like to talk about?

ok...fine...I totally agree with you...there are reasons why I'm not gay and your toe post is one of them. Girls are retarded. :P

Just wanted to say hi from a former Wilmingtonian stuck in AZ with a bunch of plastic BArbie Dolls called Gold diggers (shem) I mean wives.

Aud*2020 said...

Being in the veterinary industry at one time, you'd think I'd have heard of these "animal behaviorists" before. But no, sir, I just heard of them in some nutty magazine article the other day. That's some crazy shish.

I got a glimpse of the previous post and I'm just dying to see what you have to say about women....

Stoopidgirl said...

ok, ok I got you totally beat on the crazy dog lady blog! While I was (cough) working today I came accross this blog. I am in no way a femanazi but this made me so mad at how stupid one person can be. I give you the crazy submissive lady.
read "first day Jitters" and "masters request"
http://atmastersfeet.blogspot.com/

(it is very hard for me not to tear this woman a new @ssh@le right about now)

Ned Ryerson said...

Wow, some life you have. What kind of loser, spends all day reading the blogs of people he's never met and then gives his uniformed opinion of a situation he knows nothing about.

Maybe this "crazy woman" is in her early 20s and isn't ready for kids yet. Maybe she puts a lot love into her dogs, because she cares about them and has worked with hundreds of dogs before and seen cases where some dogs are left in their crates all day and forced to lie in their own urine and feces because their owners are "too busy" to even let them out to go to the bathroom. Maybe if you knew anything about her, you'd realize she's trying her very best to give her dogs the best life they could possibly have.

But clearly, you're just an asshole hiding behind the anonymity of cyberspace butting into other people's business who you don't know and would never take the time to try to know.

Myrtle Beach Dude said...

Oh Ned - you got me there!