Saturday, September 03, 2005

The price of gas and beach bums

So tonight I sat and waited for the freakin tourists to show up. Normally I am so annoyed with Labor Day and can't wait for the throngs of blibbety-blabs to get the giggety giggety out of town so I can have my beach back

Tonight however was a real experience. I rented two rooms - one to a local. Either the price of gas put the trip out of the reach of many families or folks decided to give their vacation money to the Salvation Army and Red Cross.

I really hope it's the latter.

Give to the Red Cross Here.

Donate to Salvation Army

Don't forget the Wonderful Ministry Samaritan's Purse


All three of these organizations are well-run and do not waste money padding the pockets of execs.

1 comment:

Didi Roby said...

You are so right and I will keep that in mind the scripture ref...thanks some much for stopping by.

And my family will be going down to the red cross to morrow to donate :)

Nice spot:)