Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The End of Christmas

Today i finally got all the ornaments and trees and "special tablecloths" and "Christmas towels" and vests and sweaters and sweatervests and lights back up in the attic.

And i'm not bringing them back down.

I'm serious. Not like the end of Remembering Christ's Birth. Just the end of the nonsense. It takes almost a week of dragging things down from the belfry; procuring more bedazzlers from the apothecary; stringing up the palm trees with electric enflasherizers and gold-plated bobble-ooms. Then for the next month you're expected to buy presents for everyone you've had contact with for the last 11 months.

Why can't we just show the Love of Christ all year and spend one day a year in reverent honor and rememberance.

Next year I'm not buying anything for anyone. I'm not going to listen when "multi-cultural diverse persons" tell me "happy holidays".

I'm going to say, "Merry Christmas". I'm going to sing Carols - not generic winter jingles. I'm going to put up a nativity and nothing else.

Ok done with rant - generic salutations to all, goodnight

No comments: